Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Big Strong Boy

Tonight, my 6 year old was able to turn my mood completely around. He's so strong and brave, as you can clearly see in his muscle picture here. But it was actually in a moment of fear that he was able to touch my heart. You see I had stomped up to go to bed after fuming over a comment someone made that I allowed to bother me. I was very forcibly brushing my teeth when I heard a little voice behind me say, "Mommy?". It was Joshua. "What is it honey?" If I'm being honest I was annoyed to be disturbed during my fit. "I was feeling a little scared and wondered if I could lay with you for a while in your bed?" I stopped. It suddenly hit my just how fleeting moments like these were going to become in the very near future. So I agreed and picked up a book for us to read together.

We read, "just in case you ever wonder" by Max Lucado. This book is a sweet reminder of how I will always love him and God will always love us. Josh was not surprised by this information, but he was comforted by it. He then told me how excited he was to be with God in heaven one day, and that he knew it was a very special place. I said "How do you know it will be a special place." He told me that God has told him all about it in his dreams. I said "Wow, you must be a very special boy if God talks to you in your dreams." He said "I am a special boy! He talks to me every night Mommy!" And he's right. He is very special. If I could stop and listen to the things God tells me every day, and every night, instead of fuming, throwing a fit, worrying or being pitiful I might hear some amazing things from God. Then again, He knew what he was doing when he gave me these strong boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment